Friday, August 28, 2009

So it's been a month....

And my runs have gotten worse. I missed the 6, 7, and 8 mile runs with my group. I have only been doing about half of the training schedule. For about a week, I seriously thought about just giving up. But I can't. And I don't. I have set a goal, and I'm going to stick with is. So I have been racking my brain trying to figure out WHY I'm having trouble with my runs... besides the lack of motivation. lol. I think I have figured it out.
Back in early July I got new running shoes. They are a totally different brand than what I previously had and they feel really heavy. I expressed my concerns about them the day I bought them, but the salesperson/running expert insisted they were the best fit for my feet. I think he was wrong. They are too narrow, too heavy and I feel like I stomp when I run. So yesterday I wore my old running shoes on my run. Let me remind you that for the past month, my longest run without a walk break had probably been 20 minutes, and I have only been doing like 2 training sessions a week, and not even the full sessions. Pretty pathetic, huh? Anyway, my run yesterday was pretty good I think. I ran 26 mins (2.5 miles) before I took a walk break. All together I did 4.5 miles. 

I will be making a trip back up to the running store today and getting a new pair of shoes. I feel good that I think I may have found the problem. Well, at least one of them. Hopefully the new shoes will have a little bit of motivation tucked away in the toebox, because I could sure use some of that. :) Now to get back on track. I'm once again excited about running!

1 comment:

Sarah Beth Miles said...

aww! I hope your new shoes are everything you hoped they would be!