Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I ran my first 10k!

And it was so much fun! Hard... but fun!

This past Saturday was the Tour des Fleurs race in Dallas. It was free through my Luke's training group, so I signed up as early as I could. I have never ran a race before in my life, so I wasn't sure what all to expect. I asked Grant to go with me for support and he did, even though we left the house at around 6:30am. What a great husband. :)

Anyway, there was a lot more hills than I expected, but I ran them all. I only took (2) 30 second walk breaks at the top of 2 hills to catch my breath, but that was it. Other than that, I RAN! I was so proud of myself when I came around the corner and saw the finish line. I also wore my new Garmin watch so I could keep up with my pace/distance. I love that thing!

I finished the 6.2 miles in 1:05, which is about a 10:48/mile. I really wanted to finish in around 10:30/mile, but I did not know there was going to be so many hills. Oh well, maybe next time! I'm just so glad I actually went out there and ran the full race. I also saw my coach at the finish line and she yelled, "GO STEPHANIE!" which made me feel good.

Now I kind of know what to look forward to for the Dallas WR Half and I am pretty excited and stoked about it. Bring on the 13.1 miles!

No comments: