Sometimes I feel like I can't catch a break when it comes to running! After my awesome run on Monday, I get a call from Luke's Locker saying that the shoes I ordered are backordered in my size until December. Lovely. So now I have to get new shoes from somewhere else, which really isn't that big of a deal, just kind of a bummer to have to search other places.
Monday night I was suppose to work from 4p-12a and I was all excited to tell people about my awesome run. My back was still hurting, but nothing I couldn't handle. Then I go into work and it starts to get worse as I'm constantly bending over to assess patients, start IV's, up and down on the computer, etc. By 8pm my lower back muscles were so tight that it hurt to breathe! I was in a lot of pain, and my co-workers could tell. I told our teamlead that someone needs to go home early, PLEASE let it be me. He could tell I was in a lot of pain. About 30 minutes later the charge nurse said I could go home. I was really upset that 1) my back was hurting so bad, 2) I had to leave work early because of it, and 3) I had no insurance to do anything about it! As I walked out of work, I started crying. I hate having things go wrong and not knowing why or not being able to do anything about it. Needless to say, as soon as I got home, I got on the computer and applied to BCBS for some insurance. I should have some insurance by next week. Thank God.
So if you haven't figured it out by now, guess who's back to taking some rest days off. ME. I will be so happy when I can actually finish one week of training according to the schedule. Ugh.

No comments:
Post a Comment